Re: Just some pointers Please (Mouse wheel issues)

Michelle Storm said:
> I am using:
> Linux dragon.ursine.dyndns.org 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST
> 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux
>
> With AfterStep

afterstep!! not many afterstep users left.. it seems (I still run
afterstep 1.6 on woody)

> I have a Logitech Wireless/Optical Mouse. (cordless MouseMan Optical, by
> Logitech <-- Lable on mouse)

I have a logitech wireless optical trackball, and this is what I do:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse2"
    Driver     "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
    Option "ZaxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

(on my system this is a 2nd pointer, the first being PS2 connected through
a KVM)

note the Protocol and the Zaxismapping

thats all I need. some apps I use imwheel to get the mouse working,
theres a way to do it in your ~/.Xdefaults file I hear, but I've never
touched this file in my 6 years of unix linux, don't plan to start now :)

if your using a display manager, often times it is not sufficient
to just log out to restart the X server but to restart the display
manager itself (or CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE) to get the X server to reload
the config.

nate