Re: Better calendar tool?

%% Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> writes:

  vl> And the worst is that it crashes at midnight. I plan to change too...

Mine doesn't crash.  But I do have other issues, like sometimes there
are odd seconds on the start/end time popups (like it says start time is
14:00:22 or something).

  vl>   * plan

Plan seems OK.  I don't like how you have to type text into two
different windows, one for the title and then an extra text window for
more details.

Also, it would be nice if it allowed for resize, and I wish there was
flyover help since many of the button icons aren't obvious (but then,
are button icons _ever_ obvious? :)).  In general creating a new
appointment is not as natural as one would hope.

Also, it's not a GTK app so it doesn't fit with Gnome and I've already
noticed minor nits (clicking on the scroll bar arrows in the help didn't
scroll for example).

Maybe I'll stick with this for a while.

I also wish that all these tools would use the same file format (doesn't
iCal define something?) for storage so it would be easier to switch
between them...

  vl>   * remind (GUI version: tkremind)

This one is an old favorite, I used to use it a long time ago.  But,
it's even less "integrated" with a Gnome desktop than plan.

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools