Exim and SMTP on an internet gateway

I've been reading some docs and googled for answers, but still need help
setting up exim (or another MTA, suggestions?) on our internet gateway.

I want exim to accept inbound SMTP for our domain from the internet, and
forward it to our internal mail server.

I want exim to accept outgoing SMTP from our domain, and forward it to the
ISP smarthost.

Later I want to plug anti-virus and anti-spam tools into exim, to prevent
unwanted emails from being sent or received.  That is a question for another
day, though.

We have a simple local network, in the address range that is
standard for Microsoft Small Business Server networks.

The server (server2.ourdomain.no) at is running MS Exchange, which
is our main mailserver.

The gateway (gator.ourdomain.no, running Debian/stable) at is
running iptables and masquerading, as well as some proxies.  The second NIC
has a permanent, public IP and is connected to the DSL-router that provides
our internet connection.

All outgoing mail is sent via the smarthost provided by our ISP.

It seems easy enough to make exim accept all mail for ourdomain and forward
outgoing mail to the ISP smarthost.  However, local delivery of mail to
ourdomain is not what I need ... I want _that_ mail forwarded

Surely, this must be a common situation?  Could someone please help me
configure exim to do this, or point me at the right docs.  Unfortunately,
the docs at www.exim.org didn't mention this scenario.  I'm sure that I
could do this if I fully understood the exim docs, but alas - I have not
fully digested them yet.

Thanks a lot,
David Knudsen

David Knudsen, aka Dansken on #vgaplanets/EFnet