Re: bc

On  0, Oleg <oleg_inconnu@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> OK I would like to know how this monstrosity made it into Debian Stable:
>
> $ whatis bc
> bc (1)               - An arbitrary precision calculator language
> $ bc
> bc 1.06
> Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> For details type `warranty'.
> 6.2/0.3
> 20
>
> I have looked into the man page, and nothing there indicates this kind of
> nonsense.  I hereby propose renaming the package into "a calculator with a
> very arbitrary precision"

I think what you mean is 'a calculator with a very fixed precision.'
You are just restating the whatis description. ;-)

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"This does not happen very often in Northallerton."
	- Siobhan Cowton, 14, of Yorkshire, after being hit by a meteorite.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au