Re: biff replacement

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 01:34:34PM -0500, Justin Miller wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good replacement? I would like to be notified of new mail
> but biff does this in a very inelegant way. For example, if I am in vi it will
> spam my screen.

What about a sound? A "boing"-type think:

End of ~/.procmailrc:

    :0 cW
    | esdplay your-favourite.wav

you probably want to make sure that the wav is reasonably short...

> Also, when I get new mail biff only lets me know what folder it is in.
> I would like to be able to find out who sent it, when, and what the
> title is.

xbuffy?

or ...

More ~/.procmailrc stuff?  A shell script using xmessage? Go really
overboard with festival?

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com        http://karl.jorgensen.com