Re: how to force galeon to use dns name resolving???

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:56:46 +0100
bboett@bboett.dyndns.org (Bruno Boettcher) wrote:

> i have the following problem:
> i am developing a website on my local machine which has a dynamic ip and
> an address at dyndns...
<snip>
> how come does galeon ignore the fact that this IP address has a TTL of
> 0? and further how can i force it to drop its DNS cache?

With my dyndns account the DNS records live for 60 seconds on the
world-accessible DNS servers. This seems to be the case for the machine
bboett.dyndns.org (see dig output below). So you have to wait for up to
60 seconds before the new address will be accessible through the dyndns
name.

Rupert

5015 13:41 rupert@kitty:~$ dig bboett.dyndns.org

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> bboett.dyndns.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 5, ADDITIONAL: 5

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;bboett.dyndns.org.             IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
bboett.dyndns.org.      58      IN      A       217.128.88.245
                        ^^ 58 seconds for record to live