Re: afs & evms

Oki DZ <okidz@pindad.com> writes:
> Would it be possible to run openafs on top an evms' logical volume?

You mean, an openafs *server*?  I *think* the fileserver on Linux uses
just normal userspaace operations, so it'd probably work.  Looking at
what evms does, though, it seems like it tries to solve some of the
same problems AFS does.  It's fairly easy to add more disks to an
existing AFS file server, you just need to format and mount the new
disk, restart the file server, and then 'vos move' some volumes to the
new partition.  I suspect the world would be happier if the server ran
on top of something simpler, like ext2.

	-- Abra Mitchell