Re: SquirrelMail installation difficulties

This one time, at band camp, Forrest L Norvell said:

> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 11:33:43AM -0700, nate wrote:
> > Forrest L Norvell said:
> >
> > > "You must be logged in to view this page" error. Thinking that I might be
> >
> > I read in the PHP docs that something to do with session management
> > was broken on powerPC:
> >
> > "Sessions do NOT work on hppa, m68k, mips, powerpc, sparc, s390
> > Sorry about that. :("
> >
> > from README.Debian.gz on the php package.
>
> Well, that just sucks. I didn't see that in the Readme; thanks for
> pointing it out to me. Anyone got a webmail package they like that isn't
> dependent upon PHP sessions? Does imp work on PPC?
>
> Forrest

steve@mercury:~$ apt-cache show sqwebmail
Package: sqwebmail
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 883
Maintainer: Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke@linuxia.de>
Architecture: i386
Source: courier
Version: 0.37.3-2.1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libgdbmg1, exim | mail-transport-agent, courier-base (>= 0.37.3), courier-authdaemon (>= 0.37.3), ispell, iamerican | ispell-dictionary, apache | httpd, cron, expect, courier-maildrop (>= 0.37.3)
Suggests: gnupg, courier-pcp
Filename: pool/updates/main/c/courier/sqwebmail_0.37.3-2.1_i386.deb
Size: 285110
MD5sum: 552cfb82cef0e7ae20485175a9c0fcb3
 This package contains the SqWebMail webmail server.
 This CGI is used by the Courier mail server to provide
 webmail access to local mailboxes. SqWebMail is provided
 here as a separate package that can be used with other
 mail servers as well.

Works quite well for me (x86, but I assume it works on PPC, or it
shouldn't be in stable.)  No PHP, just cgi/perl.  The default template
is kind of ugly, but it shoudn't be too hard to rewrite when I get a
little more time.

HTH,
Steve

--
Blessed are the forgetful:  for they get the better even of their blunders.
		-- Nietzsche