Re: Slow Win2k after Debian install

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 07:30:47PM +0100, jerry k wrote:
> Kourosh wrote:
>
> > One thing you may want to try is to use W2K's disk management
> > tools to delete the last partitioan, i.e. G:, then reboot
> > so that it is no longer recognized as drive G: in Windows.
> > That should clear up the problem with Explorer trying to
> > read the G: drive.
>
> This won't affect the debian data on G:?  I'll try it after the base
> install.  It's very annoying having to deal with this kind of thing from
> windows, i guess it knows i'm trying to ditch it and is playing the jealous
> lover (stalker, more like!)
>
> Thank's!
>
> Jerry

Back up your data before deleting partitions!!!

I'm sure there is a way to tell Windows to ignore an already created partition
by editing the registry but I don't know how.

My suggestion to delete the partition in W2K _will_ cause all data to be erased
and will require a re-install of Debian.

The problem was that you used something other than Windows to delete the
partition, so as far as Windows is concerned the partition is still there.

Your options now are to force Windows to ignore that partition via registry
hacks or to delete them within Windows and re-install Debian.

Regards.

Kourosh