Re: Slow Win2k after Debian install

Josh wrote:

> I have had a similar problem when dualbooting with XP.  The problem is
when you
> create partitions within Windows Windows thinks that the said partitions
are
> Windows native so it goes and tries to "mount" the partitions even though
they
> have an ext2 filesystem.  What you need to do is create the partitions
from
> within Linux, and Windows will not try to use the partitions anymore.

That sounds close to what I did:  create the extended partition with empty
space and use linux tools to create the logical drives.  It's strange that
all three linux partitions show up as one drive (or maybe it's not strange
at all?)

I'll try some different combinations and post the answer after the weekend

Jerry