Re: Building distributions based upon Debian

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to create smaller distribution from Debian 3.0r0, e.g.
one or
> two CD's
> instead of 7, with a whole lot of basic applications, but not much
> redundancy in
> these.
>
> Anyone remember the VAR-Linux Debian CD ? I got one from Las Vegas in
> 1999,
> but they were not done very well. I do not want the same thing to
happen.

> I have been busy searching the Debian web site for documentation, but
do
> not
> seem to find something in the way of 'How to build your own Debian
> distro'.
>
> What documentation should I read, and in what order ?
>
> Suggestions ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jurgen Defurne

you _could_ try: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

it's not debian specific, but, nonetheless gives good insight into
building your own distro.

good luck in your quest! i've always wanted a nice 'lite' version of
debian..  the debian ''minimial install' disc seems to suit my purposes
well.

-jeff