Re: Headers in this ML

On  0, Carel Fellinger <carel.fellinger@chello.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:34:09PM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:
> > I've just received a message from the list with no reference in the
> > headers to debian.  Since I sort my mail on the basis of headers, the
> > message went into the wrong box.  Has there been some change in how the
> > list is administered?
>
> Are you using standard mbox format?  Could it be that it's just the end
> of another email that just happened to have a proper "From " header in
> its *body* ?

No, I see this occasionally too.  Only about four messages this year,
but they happen.  A message whose only addressing is
  To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
and with Received: headers that indicate it came through debian, but
without the X-Mailing-List or any of the other headers.  I usually
regard it as an oddity and move it to the other mail box;  the volume
of such mails is not really high enough to worry about.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au