Re: [Fwd: TV-Out: naive question]

On  0, Jerome BENOIT <benoit@eie.gr> wrote:

> Subject: TV-Out: naive question
> Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:52:43 +0300
> From: Jerome BENOIT <benoit@eie.gr>
> To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
>
> Bonjour,
>
> currently I cannot use my laptop LCD monitor,
> so I envisage to use my TV as external monitor (at home).
>
> The question is:
> what must we install to use a TV as ad hoc external monitor ?

A TV adapter card.  TVs and monitors work in similar ways, but are
driven by quite different signals at their terminals.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

When you go to the sysadmin's office in the afternoon, and all is deathly quiet, there are three possibilities:
1) Something has gone wrong, and they are all trying to fix it.
2) Something has gone badly wrong, and they have all left the country.
3) Something has gone very badly wrong, and you're missing happy hour.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au