Re: Problems with esd

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 08:38:27PM -0400, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> If you don't need it, and it doesn't work anyway, don't start it in the
> first place!
>
> Seriously.
>
> You don't mention what window manager or desktop system you're using,
> but look through the configuration for them, and stop ESD from starting
> on loading.

I'm using GNOME and I know how to turn it off, and have, but it is a
nice feature, and I like it.  I'm just wondering if there is a simple
fix for it before I break out the debugger and compiler and spend time
trying to straighten it out.

Seriously, the solution to open source software problems is not to tell
people not to use it, but to encourage those users with expertise to try
and fix it.

Respectfully yours,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735