Re: Problems with esd

-- Edward Guldemond <thedebategod@yifan.net> wrote
(on Thursday, 03 October 2002, 08:09 PM -0400):
> Hey all,
>
> I'm having a problem with my esd.  Even though it keeps running, esd
> refuses to output sound, and the only way I can get sound back is by
> 'kill -9'ing esd.  If it helps, my sound module is i810_audio.  Thanks
> in advance for the help.
If you don't need it, and it doesn't work anyway, don't start it in the
first place!

Seriously.

You don't mention what window manager or desktop system you're using,
but look through the configuration for them, and stop ESD from starting
on loading.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney