Re: Mutt and mailboxes

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
-- David P James <dpjames@rogers.com> wrote
(on Wednesday, 02 October 2002, 11:05 PM -0400):

I've recently started using mutt remotely when I'm on campus to check for email that Mozilla is automatically downloading to my Debian box at home

Not to be contrary, but why are you having Mozilla do the downloading?
Fetchmail is designed for this... and once it has retrieved the mail for
you, you could have any of your mail clients look at it directly on your
machine easily, as it would be in a standard place.

And to increase the beauty, use some IMAP server to serve up the fetchmail'ed messages. That way, remote access from anywhere with all kinds of mail clients becomes possible, along with a consistent and safe view of all your folders.

courier w/ssl (forget the package name) is a beautiful way to go. Oh, yes, you could also then use squirrelmail + apache-ssl so that you'd have web access from anywhere.

Like Matthew said, "just a thought".