Re: pls help or i will switch to other distro

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 04:52:07AM -0700, John Joe wrote:
> i install woody but X and sound do not work.

Just saying "don't work" doesn't give any information whatsoever - in
order to fix your problem, you need to describe the symptoms.

I politely suggest that you have a read of:

[No: I didn't write that essay, but I agree wholeheartedly]

> i have used Debian 1.2/2.0/2.1/2.2, but never have
> these problems.
>
> Woody's default kernel is 2.2, but X 4.0 don't work,
> so i upgrade kernel to 2.4.18. still it don't work.

What errors did X report before the kernel upgrade? (or after?)

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com