Re: how to unsubscribe??

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 11:32:45AM -0700, Craig Dickson happened to mention:
> Larry Smith wrote:
>
> > The email I received from this group when I joined
> > indicated a method to unsubscribe -- which doesn't
> > work.
> >

> > How do I unsubscribe from this group?
>
> This text appears at the bottom of every message on this list:

> Is that what you did? I've done it before, and it worked. Are you
> sending the unsubscribe message from the account that is subscribed?
> It won't work if you're sending it from somewhere else.

One common thread that I've noticed on these "can't unsubscribe" notes
is that the people having the problem often are on yahoo or the like.
These services always stick on the tag-line.  Would that mess up the
auto-list stuff?  Someone said that putting "STOP" on the last line of
the request forces the list program to ignore everything else in the
note.  Would that be helpful?

Just checking,
Jeff

--