Re: Exim: multiple smarthosts?

This one time, at band camp, Andre Berger said:
> * Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>, 2002-08-31 11:49 -0400:
> > In article <[🔎] 20020831151408.GJ5089@mir.germanistik.uni-bonn.de>,
> > Andre Berger  <andre.berger@web.de> wrote:
> > >Is it possible to use multiple smarthosts with exim? It's about a
> > >laptop used in different network environments, and I would like to
> > >avoid giving root privileges and/or the chance to mess up the
> > >configuration to inexperienced users.
> >
> > Everything is possible, but it would take a lot of programming/scripting
> > work I guess.
> >
> > Why not ask the admin of your main SMTP gateway to enable SMTP AUTH,
> > and configure that in exim as well. Then you can use that gateway
> > from all different environments (provided you can talk to
> > "the outside world").
>
> Thank you, I've contatcted them. Let's see after the week-end.
>
> -Andre

I think there are some scripts out there for laptops - whereami and
some others that I can't remember the names of right now.  The idea is
that you set up a bunch of initial configurations (home, school, office,
whatever) and it tries to figure out which network it's on and set
everything to act appropriately.  Don't know if these will solve your
particualar problem, though.
Steve

--
You can make it illegal, but you can't make it unpopular.