Re: ripperx and cdparanoia no permission for cdrom

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:12:55 +0200
Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> wrote:

> On Saturday 31 August 2002 18:18, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> > I guess you shouldn't mix beer and debian ;-0
> > I can rip .wav now.mp3 wont work but that would be illegal anyway -
> > except from commandline.
>
> Don't get us started about beer again ;-) (Read the archives, it's worth
> the time!)
>
> As for mp3 being "illegal" or anything, I'd suggest reading this blurb
> at The Register:
>
> http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/26893.html
>
> That's it for decoding. Encoding is something else, but I doubt that any
> patents would stand trial.

I was referring to encoding.
Probably wouldn't stand in trial -IF- you could find somebody that can afford the lawyers to fight it.I don't think Linux combined could do that.
It is really strange that two things that are good for you - like Linux and beer - can have a devastating effect when combined.

roger and out - I am at it again :-0