Re: understanding apt-proxy

Chris Halls wrote:

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:41:40PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
I would be glad to help if I end up getting a little better understanding. I will read more of the apt-proxy script.

Thank you for offering :)  Actually there is a rewrite in Python already in
alpha status, and the docs will need reworking for that, so I wouldn't
recommend spending lots of time on version 1.  More info at
http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net.

Great! Besides for me the python should be even easier to read than the shell script. I am learning a lot about shell scripting by reading the script.

I have many times. I believe I have the latest version since I upgrade often. I finally see your helixcode example as saying what you have said above.
Sorry I didn't make myself clear.  The Helixcode example is in the manpage -
I was talking about the reworked /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy.conf in 1.3.3.

I think you were quite clear. I have 1.3.3 and have read the doc several times and that's where I found the helixcode example. If you mean the actual /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy.conf that's where I got the following

add_backend /security/                                  \
       $APT_PROXY_CACHE/security/                      \
       security.debian.org::debian-security/           \
non-us.debian.org::debian-security/ and your main point about the security identifier wasn't clear to me from that until now.

Is it possible that during some upgrade I kept a version of apt-proxy.conf and lost the benefit of a new version of that file? I'm running somewhere between testing and unstable and I update/upgrade often.

Thanks,

Paul