Re: Class notes in a tree structure

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 11:54:53PM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 23:53, Larry Holish wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 11:08:54PM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
> > > I hate to hit up the list with this problem, but I havn't been able to
> > > find anything anywhere else.  I am looking for a program that would
> > > allow me to put my notes from class into a tree like structure on the
> > > computer for ease of studying.  Does anyone know of such a beast?
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > I like hnb for notes.
> >
> Maybe I should have specified X based... gtk or gnome based even
> better.  I saw that and tried using it.  Its just not easy enough to use
> for putting my notes into.
How about web-based? I personally use a WikiWikiWeb for my notes and
projects. You can have pages arranged with as little or as much
hierarchical order as you want.

There are a number of incarnations of it out there -- go to
freshmeat.net and search for "wiki" -- you'll see phpwiki, twiki, etc --
all with slightly different aims, but all with the same fundamental
ideas.

--Matthew