Re: Re: Help with hdparm

On 30.08.2002 15:19:16 chainy wrote:

> Hello again Bob, MKolb and debian users:

[...]
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCRC}
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCRC}
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCRC}
> ide0: reset: success
>
> When the system starts the kernel configuration itself tryes to activate
the
> higher DMA mode and drops errors like the ones i have just posted.  This
does
> not happen because any script I added to activate hdparm.  I do have
that
> script as this list told me with hwtools and it's configurated with
multiword
> dma as shows at system start before the deamons are started.
>
> I tried many configurations of hdpram but switching to udma with any
other
> configuration will end up with errors.

Same phenomen here.
Have no ideas to solve this.
I only know that MS Windows crashs without the VIA4in1 drivers when
copying larger files.
With VIA4in1 it is very stable. But I think that this VIA4in1 only uses
MDMA2, too.
I compared time for copying a few hundred MB on Windows and Linux.
Linux is 2 or 3 seconds faster ;-)

Markus Kolb