Apache Recompile

It looks like I will have to recompile apache from scratch and patch
it in order to get these blasted frontpage extensions working...

Is there an easy way to find out what options apache was compiled with
when the .deb was created, other then contacting the package
maintainer?

I added two deb-src items to my sources.list and tried to use apt-get
source apache, and here is the error I get:

sh: dpkg-source: command not found
Unpack command 'dpkg-source -x apache_1.3.26-0woody1.dsc' failed.
E: Child process failed

Am I missing something?