Re: raidhotadd and RAID1

hi ya michel

it is trivial to get sw raid1 working if you start
from scratch ... building it from the start

to get it to do raid1 after you already have a disk running
in standalone and trying to make raid1 ( mirror ) out of it
is not as easy ... lots of tricks to play...
	- basically, yo have to configure you new raid1
	to think that you have a bad disk ( sdb )
	an than tell it the new sdb is inserted and let it
	do its magic

for more root raid1 mirroring and other assorted docs
	- http://www.1U-Raid5.net/HowTo/SW-Raid-HOWTO.txt

it'd be 100x easier to just start installing linux
onto both sda and sdb from the start...
	- copy over your /home directory afterward

- true raid test
	- pull the power/ide cable out and see if it still works
	and reboot and try to boot from the other disk

c ya
alvin