Re: unstable, just how unstable is it

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:56, Charles Baker wrote:
> I'm seeing some packages in unstable that I would
> really like, for instance tomcat 4.1.9. But I'm
> wondering just how unstable is unstable, say on a
> scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being you must be insane.

Generally very stable, say 2.

HOWEVER

There are some major changes happening in unstable at the moment (Python
2.2/3, Perl 5.8, glibc, gcc 3.2).  These mean unstable is likely to break in
the near future, and when unstable breaks it _really_ breaks.

Have a look at pinning, and see just how much of unstable you'd pull down with
apt-get install -t unstable tomcat

Corrin