Re: Why replies are often sent to sender - was Re: KDE freezing

Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@mindspring.com> writes:

> I bet you got this both from me and from the list, because the list
> software _changes_ the content of the message (adding the footer,
> resending with a different message ID), so that it's no longer a duplicate
> of the original I sent.

I don't know of any mailing list software commonly used which changes
the message-id.  I have been using similar duplicate checking on many
mailing lists for years and have not encountered that problem.

Women: They never taste like chicken.