donation to SPI as charitable organization from U.K.

First, sorry if this is the wrong list.  I did see one discussion in
this area in debian-devel, but that seems too restrictive.

I'm a Debian user in England, and should like to give some money to
help support the Debian project.  This really only applies, therefore,
to people in England and Wales, though perhaps people in other
countries may have analogous situations.

I've been trying to work out how to do this tax-efficiently.  If I
give through an intermediate organization such as CAF
(http://www.cafonline.org), then I get tax relief on the donation.
CAF, however, must be satisfied that the final organization is one
which has charitable aims (as defined in the law of England and
Wales).  As far as I can tell, SPI qualifies, though IANAL.  I asked
them to check on SPI; they -- apparently -- wrote to SPI (I don't know
whom), but got no reply.  So:

- Has anybody else in the U.K. done this successfully?  If so, how?

- Does anybody know whom to contact in SPI?  I could then pass on
  these contact details to CAF.

--
David Stone