Re: potato refusing to do security updates

Rob Kaper said:
> Hi, we're still running potato on some machines on our network but one of
> them  had some bad luck with upgrading to the glibc security update. It's
> running  potato with a 2.4.18-smp kernel from woody. For some reason
> apt-get upgrade  refuses to update libc6 from potato, though.

what does apt-get upgrade say when you try? and I trust you
changed all your sources.list to point from 'stable' to 'potato'?

I would NOT try to run potato against the woody security tree,
if you were to install packages from there(if apt-get let you),
I would expect severe problems.

I have some potato systems and they have no problems upgrading
(down to about 4, been trying to migrate them to woody as fast as
I can).

nate