* Installation of woody fails (corrupted deb)

Hi,

I am a first time installer of Debian (but not of Linux), and I yesterday
tried to install Woody on an alpha. Booting from a CD went fine I
configured keyboard, disk and network and everything seemed to work fine
until the package the installer tried to install
console-data_1999.08.29-24_all.deb. This failed because the installer
claimed that this package is corrupted.

I first assumed that my CD was broken, so I burnt another one. No change.

I then tried to install from the network and failed again with the same
problem. Changing the mirror did not change anything.

What is wrong? The CDROM used was burnt form the
debian-30r0-alpha-binary-1_NONUS.iso image, obtained from the
ftp.u-stasbg.fr
mirror. For the netinstall
I used ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/debian/ and
http://www.de.debian.org/debian/

Any help welcome

    Andrew

--
Andrew Maier
Andrew.Maier@cern.ch

air, n.: A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence
         for the fattening of the poor.