Via KT333 + VT8233A setup pointers needed

I am currently installing Debian on a new system. Initial setup was
easy as ever, but fine-tuning has already taken a lot of work.

Currently I think the main issue is getting the IDE-bus working on
something else than the fallback of 33mhz.

I run the kernel-image-2.4.19-k7 because of the southbridge not
being recognized in 2.4.18.

I will get back to the list with more detailed information if all
fails, but currently I am looking for some general information about
getting the Via KT333 system to work in Linux.

Since this is a popular chipset, I hope readers of the list have
overcome this issue and point me to what they used as a reference.

Bob