Re: slow OpenGL or something

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 10:01, Kristen Brown wrote:
> Hello,
> I just got Linux installed on my machine (AMD 1.1
> Ghz,w/ almost 400 MB RAM, and an nVidia GeForce 4 w/
> 64 MB DDR) and I am having trouble getting programs
> that require OpenGL to work or they run VERY slow. If
> anyone can give me any suggestions please let me know.
> If you need anymore info please ask.

Make sure you install the drivers nVidia provides, not the ones that
come with XFree (I think nVidia provides the "nvidia" drivers while
XFree has "nv", correct me if I'm wrong). The XFree drivers don't use
3D hardware acceleration.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!