Re: java for debian

On  0, Raffaele Sandrini <maturarbeit@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wich java distri is prefered for debian?

No preferences, although blackdown do .debs, which Sun doesn't and I
don't think IBM do.

> Not every distri is able for a
> secure transmission, right?

Wrong.  I don't know what you mean by secure transmission, but they
all are capable of running applications written for each other (at
least in theory - I have never found any difference).

> AFAIK there are 3 distris: Blackdown, IBM and Sun.

Correct.

> I have seen a Sun JRE in non-free...

Really?  I suggest you go learn a bit more about java.  The version in
non-free is 1.1.8, rather out of date.

http://java.sun.com/

is a good place to start looking at where they are up to.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"There are few things more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own."
	- Doug Larson

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au