[Solved] Re: Gdk-Warning

It appears that upgrading to Xfree86 v4 fixed my problem. The fact that
I could actually get v4 to run with a decent resolution and screen size
is another mystery, as it's not supposed to support my card yet, but I'm
not complaining. :-)

Now to remember why it's not finding the ttfont server...

Jacob

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:43:46 -0500
Jacob Schroeder <j-schroeder@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I've been using Sylpheed 0.8.1 for a while now and decided to upgrade
> to the latest 0.8.2. I compiled and installed it using "./configure
> --enable-gpgme", "make" and "make install" as I've done a dozen times
> before. However, now when I try to start Sylpheed, I get the following
> error:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
>

> Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
>

> Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 220 (gdk_font_ref): assertion
> `font != NULL'
> failed.
>
> I wiped out Sylpheed and recompiled 0.8.1, thinking it was a problem
> with the new version, but I'm now getting the same errors on 0.8.1.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? I've tried installing tons of
> fonts this morning, but I've not gotten anywhere. I'm running Debian
> 3.0 and X 3.3.6.
>
> TIA,
> Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/