Re: pppoe on Debian -- Modem hangup

Am Dienstag, 27. August 2002 15:05 schrieb Slaven Peles:
> If anybody has an experience with pppoe on Debian please help. I am trying
> to configure my ADSL connection with Woody. When using Debian tools I get
> those 'configuration successfull' messages, but the connection is
> terminated immediately. In /var/log/messages I find modem hangup messages.

Have you used plog to determine what the reason could be?
Are you also using an isdn interface (that may cause a conflict)?
Have you added your username/password pair to pap-secrets and chap-secrets?
What does your /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider file look like?

> pppoe client in Debian is version 3.3 and what I found there is a bit
> different than that what is documented at Roaring Penguin web site, so
> instructions about debugging connection do not help me a lot.

That accounts to a lot of debian packages, because they were adjusted IMHO to
be easier to configure and use but the maintenance of the documentation is
often lagging and still referring to the differing upstream version.

Regards,
Christian

(If you want to reply - cc me I'm currently offlist)