Re: evolution won't start - PLEASE, URGENT HELP NEEDED vol 2

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 08:26:57PM +0200, Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pretty sorry, but my problems with evolution don't end. I downgraded
> evolution, libcamel0 and libpisock4 to sarge packages (so I got rid of error
> messages like:
> , but there is error message:
> evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat
> (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0):
I'm thinking there's a problem with the bonobo or oaf install -- you
might try reinstalling them (apt-get --reinstall install bonobo oaf) or
using versions from sarge (testing). If you do the latter, find out what
each of tem depend on and make sure none of the packages you have on
your system conflict (usually they'll depend on a version >= a certain
number, and this won't be a problem).

> I really don't know what to do. Do you have any idea? I was used to use
> Evolution since I came to unstable and it's very hard to leave all messages
> and start with Kmail (or is there any way how to import messages in Evolution
> to Kmail?).
As a veteran of many email clients, I feel you pain. I'm sure one of
these solutions should get you back up and running with Evolution.
Hopefully the maintainer is on the list and seeing the problems that are
occurring so that future releases won't contain them. :-)

--Matthew