Re: slow gl graphics

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Geoff Crompton wrote:
[...]
>   The banshee pre-dates the voodoo3. It came out after the voodoo2, and
>   I imagine (though I can't back this up) that the banshee is closer to
>   the voodoo2 than the voodoo3.
i think under xfree3x the banshee was treated the same as the voodoo3

>   I think (and I will have to check this at home) that when I run the
>   glide test binaries, I get errors about not being able to access the
>   /dev/3dfx device. Can anyone give me more information about what
>   supplies this 3dfx device?

are you using xfree3x? then you will need this to get it working. there
was a debianpackage (i think tdfx or something) that provided that
device.
i never got it working with xfree3x and the whole seems rather ugly
there. with version four i had no problems at all, so i would recommend
using xfree4. if you have the latter then you have just installed the
wrong libraries.