Re: Debian and IDE RAID?

DEFFONTAINES Vincent <Vincent.DEFFONTAINES@coe.int> [2002-08-27 17:34:11 +0200]:
> I use HPT370 chipset on an ABIT board.
> It provides hardware RAID and ATA100 support, but I never used RAID
> functionnalities on it, therefore I cant tell you how well RAID works.

I have an Iwill SIDERAID-100 with the HPT370 and after much hacking I
have deduced that linux ataraid is just not quite functioning there.
Yet.  The project looks to be *almost* working.  It was teasing me by
showing some functionality but not enough to run.  It could turn
around any day now.  Or six months from now.  Or next year.  But for
now I recommend not using it for the haredware ataraid.  Stick with
linux software raid.

Bob