Re: Debian and IDE RAID?

Quoting nate <debian-user@aphroland.org>:

> if your just interested in raid1, I would say scrap it and go with
> software raid. linux can boot directly off software raid 1 array if
> you want, it takes some work to get it setup, but it works good I have
> several systems in this configuration

Thanks Nate!

Yes, this would work for me perfectly, I\'m not even worried if there\'s a slight
performance loss, as long as I can recover from a drive failure. Is there a how-
to on setting it up to boot from software raid1?

I\'ll probably be installing Debian from 3.0 ISO images, I haven\'t downloaded
them yet though, and would like to know if you can just set up the software
raid1 from there and partition/install the system?

kind regards,
Danijel