Re: gpg: Warning: unsafe ownership on file "/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg"

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:09:57PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I get this warning when I sign a message in Mutt:
>
> gpg: Warning: unsafe ownership on file
> "/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg"
>
> The present ownership is root.root
>
> What should it be?

Do you have a .gnupg directory in $HOME. I only created a key once
and it's been a while, so I can't tell you how to set this up.

But this information should be easily available. Think man, faq,
howto or /usr/share/doc.

Bob