Re: Local Net - delays in telnet login

> > > [...]
>
> Coming late to this thread but this sounds like the delay caused by
> IDENT / AUTH on port 113 timing out.  Normally you either need to
> provide a deamon to answer that or to reject it immediately.  Most
> firewalls reject it immediately.

Sorry, I should also have said to try this on client from which you
are telnetting.

  apt-get install pidentd

Most security analysts think that this does not buy you anything in
terms of security and most would disable this program.  But on a local
network for example it does not hurt.  This of IDENT as a neighborhood
watch among participating hosts.

Bob