Re: WINE: MS OFFICE 2000 loads upto the office assiatant appearance

On Monday 26 August 2002 17:22, David Teague wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Rox de Gabba wrote:
> > I would just like to suggest using OpenOffice.org, there are debs, so
> > installation is a piece of cake. It supports all the microsoft formats
> > up to MSOffice XP. You can also save the documents in those formats.
>
> My (past) experience with other word processors (notably Staroffice 5.x)
> has been that they import doc files fairly well, but none seem to preserve
> drawings well and there is always some formatting that is snafu'd.
I made lots of tests with OO.org for work, and it preserve nearly all drawings
from .doc files. Not perfectly: for example, a WordArt object will be
converted to a plain drawing object, but still nicely displayed. But the
import filter of OO.org and SO6 for doc files is more than usable.

Kind Regards,
Andrea Negro

--
/Personal - ICQ UIN 25458773, andrea_negro@tin.it