Re: sid: Warning: Perl funkitude in today's upgrade

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 12:06:27AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Reading Package Lists...
> Building Dependency Tree...
> The following packages will be REMOVED:

Of these, as far as I can tell the state of the transition is something
like this:

>   libapache-mod-perl libdbd-mysql-perl libdbd-pg-perl libdbi-perl

All fixed in incoming.

>   libdigest-hmac-perl libdigest-md5-perl libdigest-sha1-perl

libdigest-md5-perl has been subsumed into perl. libdigest-sha1-perl is
fixed in incoming, which should fix libdigest-hmac-perl.

>   libhtml-tree-perl

Still broken.

>   libmd5-perl

Ditto, although it was only for backward compatibility anyway.

>   libmime-base64-perl

This can be removed once a few other things are fixed.

>   libmime-perl

Still broken.

>   libnet-dns-perl libnet-ldap-perl

Casualties of other problems - should be fixed now.

>   libtime-hires-perl

Now part of perl.

>   libwww-perl

Fixed in incoming.

>   mysql-client mysql-server

Indirectly fixed, I think.

>   razor

Fixed in incoming.

>   sympa wwsympa

These are probably both still broken due to libmd5-perl.

So progress is being made ...