Re: WINE: MS OFFICE 2000 loads upto the office assiatant appearance

Hi,

I'm not sure how to add icons to the desktop on the various window managers.
I'm not even sure if it can be done without gnome or KDE. However I know how
it can be done in kde and that should work in general. You would click on the
desktop select add > new > shortcut to application. Then you would type in
word or excel where it says name and enter "wine /windows path/program files/office/winword.exe"in the command section.

I haven't seen a window manager that would put icons on the desktop, but
I think there might be individual packages you could get to do this for you.

Bijan

Irvin Temp wrote:

Thanks for the tip.... everything you said s right.
Right now i was able to to reinstall it without the
Office Assistant and it works fine...

However, im trying to figure out a way to put an icon
that would launch word or excel from the desktop...
specifically for windowmaker desktop... iwont be using
kde or gnome...

Thanks again

Irvin