Re: WINE: MS OFFICE 2000 loads upto the office assiatant appearance

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Rox de Gabba wrote:

> I would just like to suggest using OpenOffice.org, there are debs, so
> installation is a piece of cake. It supports all the microsoft formats
> up to MSOffice XP. You can also save the documents in those formats.

My (past) experience with other word processors (notably Staroffice 5.x)
has been that they import doc files fairly well, but none seem to preserve
drawings well and there is always some formatting that is snafu'd.

I am searching for a way to prepare Word doc files under Linux with free
software that have embedded drawings taht I can send to my publisher, that
will preserve formatting and pictures.

Hope OpenOffice is it,

David Teague