Re: Promise 20267 in DMA mode?

Iain wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:56, Barney Wrightson wrote:

Hi Iain,
  IIRC, I have seen a kernel config option (2.4.18) for Promise
controller specific DMA.

HTH,
Barney.

Kernel options are:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y
CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST=y
# CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC=y

Iain.

Sorry, I can't help you anymore than my last suggestion, I have an onboard promise ATA100 controller (Asus A7v board), which is why I noticed the kernel option, but I don't know anymore about it. I have (I think..) DMA working, with the kernel autodetect DMA flag set (I don't know the exact names of the flags - I don't have a linux box handy ATM) and I might or might not have the promise DMA flag set, but I don't know if my setup would work with your promise raid controller.

Barney.