Re: evolution won't start - PLEASE, URGENT HELP NEEDED

Dne pátek, 23. srpen 2002 00:21 Dale Hair napsal(a):
> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 16:54, 31HIMEL wrote:
> > I was using evolution quite happily until a few weeks ago.  Then after an
> > upgrade it will not start and gives the following error messages:
> >

> > evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on
> > wombat: (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)
> > libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
> > libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
> > libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> > gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-error.png
> > All fallbacks failed.
> > See /usr/share/doc/gdk-imlib1/README.fallback.
> > libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
> > libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
> > libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> > gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image:
> > /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-default-dlg.png All fallbacks failed.
> > See /usr/share/doc/gdk-imlib1/README.fallback.
> >

> > Can anyone please tell me what I should do to rectify the situation?  As
> > far as I can tell, there are no missing dependencies.
>
> This happens to me also and the only way to start evolution is after a
> reboot.  I'm using woody with evolution and galeon from unstable.
> Evolution and libcamel0 is on hold for upgrade because of dependencies.
>
> I had this problem about six months ago also and it cleared up after
> several dist-upgrades.
I wrote several hours ago:
"1. restarting the system produced no success for me
2. I have 1.0.8-4 installed, but the error messages shown above resist, what
am I to do? I really need Evolution, it was my main mail client

Please, help me.
Thank you all"
but no one answered me to help. Please, please, if any of you have clue, write
it.
Many thanks to all
Vlada