Debian 3.0r0 on a Vaio PCG-C1MHP (Firewire CD-RW only)

Dear all

I have recently bought a Sony Vaio PCG-C1MHP and would like to install Debian 3.0r0 on it (on the second partition, as Win XP is allowed to reside on the first partition). This Vaio Picturebook only comes with a CD-RW/DVD-ROM-Combo-Drive, attached to the Firewire port. As the Debian 3.0r0 DVD easily can be booted, it's not possible to proceed with the installation since none of the boot kernel flavors supports Firewire and the appropiate module can not be loaded from the DVD (access to the DVD drive is not possible anymore at this point). Installation over the network seems to be impossible too (at least, I can not figure out how to do it). I've also considered to perform the installation from the Win XP partition but it can not be mounted (as it is NTFS). Is there any other way I could bootstrap Debian? Could the drivers for either Firewire or NTFS be loaded at boot time to go one of the ways mentioned above? The only feasible solution I see at the moment is to buy a USB floppy drive but I would like to avoid this because I've no other use for a USB FDD. And I do not want to put the HDD into my desktop as I do not want to void warranty.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Patrick Brunner