Re: internet access using DHCP works only on windows

Howdy!
I had similar problems in a similar setup, so maybe I can help.

It seems your card is not detected correctly by the module, there is a resource conflict or you are using the wrong module. Try both 8139cp and 8139too modules. Look at any messages by the module in dmesg.

If you can't get your interface up by setting the correct IP settings, then the problem is not in DHCP.

Your modem is not a winmodem, if you connect to it over ethernet. It's a dedicated router.

I have another
computer using this modem, so we can share the internet connection, but it
only works on windows too!

True, if you wish to use the revolutionary technology from M$ to share your internet connection. Or you can just do it the real way, MASQ for example. Sometimes the connection sharing can be done by the ADSL box, too.

If you want an answer from me, please CC to me as I don't always have time to skim through the posts.

Thanks in advance
specz

--
Johan Ehnberg