RE: Ext3?

> You can use any kernel you like with Debian. Either compile it "the
> Debian way" or else download the source and compile it directly, which
> is what I do myself.

I am, alas, only a Linux-Guru Wannabe (LGW), not an actual Linux-Guru.
This implies that for me, at this moment, I must rely on a given
distribution for a pre-built kernel, and on a mailing list for focused
assistance. Perhaps in the future I can shed my status as an LGW and
compile my own kernel from source, but not today.

With kind regards,
Josh Rehman, Linux-Guru Wannabe (LGW)